Monday, October 14, 2013

Indoor tri or aqua bike and beginner swim clinic

I decided to do an indoor aqua bike this Saturday at the Provo Rec Center(my plantar prevents me from running right now.) Those of you who tri are welcome to continue on to the treadmill and do an indoor tri.  My plan is to do a 1 mile swim at race pace and then to do a leisurely non timed transition into biking clothes for a timed 24.8 mile spin on a stationary bike.  I would love to have some company and maybe meet a few crazies if anyone thinks this might be enjoyable.  My season sort of took a detour in August so I haven't done anything at race pace for a while.  I think it will be good for me.

As a warm up I thought I might do a beginner swim clinic for any one who is just starting out swimming.  Full disclosure: I am a middle of the pack swimmer who was a real beginner not long ago.  If you are really flailing in your swimming I may be able to help.  At least I'm willing to share what I've found.

If you have interest, comment on here or just show up at the lap pool Saturday at 8:30 am for the clinic and 9:15 for the 'race'.

4 comments:

  1. How do I join the Nebo Tri Club? I live in Orem, but wouldn't mind commuting to meet some like minded tri people. Thanks,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello All, I will donate a couple of door prizes for this event!!
    I hope to see some new faces on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out my older post about faq about the club. short answer is there is no dues at this point. just show up. the masters swim is not part of our club but several of us go and a lot of other triathletes go to the sessions.

    ReplyDelete